Overview: Hebrew QuarkXpress ME Middle Eastern
Hebrew QuarkXpress Middle Eastern Edition ME software is powerful layout software that addresses the unique requirements of mixing right-to-left text flow with left-to-right text flow associated with publishing in English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi. QuarkXpress Middle Eastern Edition is available for the Windows platform. Hebrew QuarkXpress Middle Eastern Edition contains features specifically designed for publishing in a mixed English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi environment.
Hebrew QuarkXpress Middle East ME Key Features:
- Support for English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi (dual script)
- Enter English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi text within the same paragraph, column, or section by simply changing the input mode of text entry using a standard Windows keyboard and Windows fonts.
- Apply type styles to both Roman text and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi text.
- Check the spelling of English; Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi; or mixed text simultaneously. Enhance dictionary support by creating your own auxiliary dictionary.
- Import and export .txt and .rtf files even if the content is a combination of English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi.
- Find and replace both English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi text. Replace Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi "found" text with English text, and vice versa.
- Support for right-to-left and left-to-right text (bi-directional)
- Set up documents with text that flows from right-to-left and from left-to-right, and from the back of the document to the front of the document or vice versa.
- Specify whether the order of columns for automatic text boxes and new text boxes created in the document should appear to the left or right of the column.
- Create paragraphs that flow either left-to-right, or right-to-left with corresponding ruler, tab, and indentation support.
- Specify the direction in which characters such as +, =, &, and % will be input when used in conjunction with numerals using the Arabic keyboard layout.
- Localized user interface
- Work with fully localized Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi menus and dialog boxes.
- Change the display language on the fly and continue to work with any English and Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi text.
- Align text to either the right or left in editable fields of dialog boxes so typed text displays either in a right-to-left direction or a left-to-right direction.
- Middle Eastern language features
- Apply Kashida justification to enhance your text layout design.
- Simplify production with automatic support for ligature formation.
- Work with Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, and Hindi numerals and punctuation marks.
- Use the Alternate Font feature to substitute a font that only supports a single script with a font that will support that script.
- Apply vertical and horizontal positioning of diacritics over language consonants, hide or show diacritics, and define different colors for diacritics that match the color of the consonants.
Hebrew QuarkXpress System requirements
Microsoft® Windows 2000 or Windows XP
Pentium II or faster processor
CD-ROM drive (or access to a CD-ROM over a network) for installation
128MB total RAM (additional memory recommended for graphic-intensive documents)
190MB free hard disk space for full installation